Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjr21
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Excluded Directories Still Being Scanned - VS8.5i

Is any having issues with VirusScan 8.5i scanning in excluded directories? The only system I am having the issue with is a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64. None of my other non 64-bit systems are having issues.

I have been working with a McAfee tech and I'm not getting anywhere. I have run the EICAR test and it has shown that VS is indeed scanning in excluded directories.

The server is a backup server that is connected to a SAN through Microsoft iSCSI. VirusScan has blue screened my server trying to scan those SAN drives so I've just shut VS off.

I have followed the KB article https://knowledge.mcafee.com/article/216/5010893_f.SAL_Public.html and still having no luck. The server has patch 4 with the latest CMA.
2 Replies
leeus
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

RE: Excluded Directories Still Being Scanned - VS8.5i

I think I am seeing this in Patch 5, did McAfee identify anything?
mjr21
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: Excluded Directories Still Being Scanned - VS8.5i

It's been frustrating since I've seen this issue since January and the McAfee techs continue to have me run the same tests over and over again without any success...

I've downloaded the EICAR.com and placed it in a subfolder of one of my excluded directories (G: drive). VirusScan finds the EICAR.com file and deletes it everytime.

The latest advice from the tech was to exclude the individual subfolder but what's the point of doing that when you're supposed to be able to exclude subfolders from your high level exclusion!?