Did you mean: 
ichase
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Error when running hotfix

Jump to solution

Greetings all,

I hope this post finds you all doing well.  I am running into an issue I am hoping someone can assist with.  When running an Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scan on our server, one of the Critical CAT 1 findings was that McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise ver 8.8 is missing hotfix VSE88HF1123656.  I retrieved the hotfix and when attempting to install it, I get the following error.  "Unable to find any qualifying product(s)"  I did a number of Google searches for this issue but was not finding anything helpful so here I am.

I will tell you, I am not a security expert.  By default (the fact that the other two systems engineers quit) I am the only one left.  I am the tech but as the old saying goes "The show must go on" So I am trying to mitigate the CAT 1 and 2 findings on the scans which is required to obtain our ATO (Authorization to Operate).

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance you can provide.

All the best,

Ian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
tomz2
Level 11
Message 3 of 4

Re: Error when running hotfix

Jump to solution

Hi Ian,

Are you referring to 1123565? There is not a 1123656 patch for VSE. Please note that for 1123565 to work, you must be running VSE 8.8 Patch 6 or VSE 8.8 Patch 7.

I would strongly suggest reviewing the following KB article for the installation order to ensure that you patch the products correctly. - McAfee KnowledgeBase - Intel Security - Security Bulletin: Protected resource access bypass vulnerab...

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Moved to VSE for faster support

---

Peter

Highlighted
tomz2
Level 11
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Ian,

Are you referring to 1123565? There is not a 1123656 patch for VSE. Please note that for 1123565 to work, you must be running VSE 8.8 Patch 6 or VSE 8.8 Patch 7.

I would strongly suggest reviewing the following KB article for the installation order to ensure that you patch the products correctly. - McAfee KnowledgeBase - Intel Security - Security Bulletin: Protected resource access bypass vulnerab...

ichase
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you tomz2,  I thought for certain that patch 6 and 7 were installed but apparently that was NOT the case.  Installed Patch 6 and 7, ran the hotfix and it ran without error.

Thank you for the prompt response and assist and enjoy your weekend,

Ian

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.