cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodcm
Level 7

Error showing on mcafee Agent icon

Hi,

I can see an error message on McAfee agent icon. there is a red mark on view security status option in McAfee agent icon. once I click on that its showing next to VSE product "Please see access protection log" in red colour.

I have exclude the .exe files from VSE access protection policy, the error is not showing after doing the send collect props but after 2-3 hour the same error showing again.

can anyone tell why its happening

Attached the file

0 Kudos
13 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Error showing on mcafee Agent icon

This being a Corporate product should be moved out of the Consumer area. Would VSE be the appropiate area to move it to? To get better exposure and better assistance. I can move it there if you wish.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vinodcm
Level 7

yes please. but how can I see the replies from them ?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Moved to VSE If you have notifications on for replies to posts you made you will see them as this post now in VSE. ie If you got a notification for this post the answer is you are seeing new replies.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

In other words you will receive better assistance in this area, as they are more knowledgeable in regards to Corporate products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

This is normal CMA/VSE behavior; open your VirusScan Console, and right click on "Access Protection" and click on "View Log."  OR right click on the CMA in the system tray, "Quick Settings" and choose "Access Protection ...."  Once you look at the AP log it should clear the warning message from the CMA and give your status an "OK" with a green check.

This may provides some additional info:

McAfee Corporate KB - How to resolve issues caused by Access Protection rules and Behavior Blocking ...

vinodcm
Level 7

I have done same before but at the point of time it`s appears ok and the same come after few hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tao
Level 13

Sounds like normal VSE behavior; you may need to review the Access Protection Log and narrow down the triggering event.  Once that has been determined, investigate if this is a normal triggering event (all your systems or just this one are showing signs of this trigger event) and should this be added to the exclusion list.  Otherwise, it may just continue to alert and alert....

0 Kudos
vinodcm
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks again for your update.

i have done that what you mentioned, but it showing in-between few hours gap. is there any permanent solution for this.

0 Kudos