cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating a MID package

I'm trying to create a MID package for VSE 8.8 Patch 6 using MID of the same version/patch. I'm creating this package on a 32-bit Windows 7 Enterprise workstation, with only VSE 8.8 Patch 6 and McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1500, managed by ePO.

Towards the end as I hit the Save button, I get this error message:

I then hit Ok and it displays -

Does anyone know a fix to this?

6 Replies
DocB
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Error creating a MID package

andrewdc,

It's been a while, but I believe I fixed it by installing the Agent, downloading the policies, then uninstalling the Agent before running MID.  MID will create the install package with the correct policies and the error will go away. 

HTH,

DocB

Hi DocB,

I followed your suggestion and I'm still getting the same messages. I even rebooted after removing the McAfee agent and it didn't help.

I uninstalled MA using the command "frminst.exe /forceuninstall".

Thanks,

andrewdc

DocB
Level 11
Message 4 of 7

andrewdc,

Then make sure when starting the source files are the extracted, non-configured source files (the extracted LMRL files), not your installed version. Like I said, it's been a while since I had the error.

HTH,

DocB

Yes on the source files; I'm using VSE880LMLRP6.

I've created MID packages before using previous versions of the MID. I don't remember getting any error message or having to uninstall the MA.

Have they released a MID for VSE 88 Patch 7?

DocB
Level 11
Message 6 of 7

andrewdc,

O.K, try this process:

Install the package on a clean system.  Install the Agent and download policies.  Uninstall the Agent. Then run "FramePkg_UPD.exe from the full installation files.  Won't promise anything.

HTH,

DocB

DocB,

I followed your suggestion and no joy - it still gives out the same message. For most part I was already selecting default settings. I'm not adding any patch or any extra program to make it less complicated.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

andrewdc