cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Management of VSE??

Jump to solution

I work for a large organization (7-8k clients) that uses MA on a EPO 4.6 server  to control and configure all of our HBSS modules, one of those being VSE 8.8. Now, when checking Threat queries I've noticed that there are a few computers that are blocking Trojans and Viruses but not deleteing them. Although the "threat handled" equals true I would like to be thorough and remotely handle the malware on my own. I cannot find and option, and I don't remember an option when I went through my training, to be able to remotely handle the threat (much like SEP).

Is there anything that can help to mitigate these vulnerabilities vice me having to go manually into each PC and open the VSE console there? Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Enterprise Management of VSE??

Jump to solution

You can at client task ODS and in the task options set the Action to Clean at fail Delete.

Client Task Catalog : Edit Task - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0: On Demand Scan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

On Access Scan can not always handle the threats.

Did you already run a On Demand Scan on these systems?

ODS will handle them.

Jump to solution

No, ODS was not run. I thought you would have to manually going into each PC to tell it to clean/delete or not, I wanted to basically know if there was a enterprise solution for this. Can ODS be told to automatically delete threats that it finds?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

You can at client task ODS and in the task options set the Action to Clean at fail Delete.

Client Task Catalog : Edit Task - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0: On Demand Scan

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks for your assistance.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community