cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Enterprise 8.7 patch 1

Only 50 apps?
We have about 1100...
Lucky we manage with 1 layer 1 sysprep image for all our hardware.
Anyway, we didn't find any major issue with 8.7 sofar, it is a lot better then 8.0, somewhere with 8.5P4 I guess.

reg, Henno.

heh...you got forced into that too?? 😛

Luckily for me, I'm not quite in the stranglehold of change management so I can still get away with "bleeding edge" happy

It's not the Change Management that makes me cautious - just my love of a paycheck each month 😉

Jim

Well, since we have to use Windows Server 2008 for some of our systems, it seems we also HAVE to use 8.7i, unless I've missed how to get 8.5i onto 64 bit Windows Server 2008 systems...

J
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 25 of 41

Sounds like Mcafee are trying to become a subsiduary of Massive Dynamic... :rolleyes:

huh? I hope your wrong, I have VSE8.5 running on 64 Bit 2008 servers.....
PhilR
Level 12
Message 27 of 41

You need the VSE 8.5i with Patch 7 repost from the Corporate Downloads portal, if I recall correctly.

That version works for me, anyway.

Phil

ah, yea, I forgot about that, yea, I concur, that's the version of the installation which I used on those servers.
DV27
Level 7
Message 29 of 41

Agreed - although I have to manually install the software manually, 8.5p7 runs fine on W2K8 64 bit for us.
Rixter
Level 7
Message 30 of 41

You don't want Patch 1, yet

We tested Patch 1 the day after it was released (May 26th). A couple of days later one of our IT computers reported a virus and deleted the file. Moments later yet another file, and another. At first we thought we'd been hit. In fact duing an On-Demand Scan, Patch 1 falses reports Windows system files as containing viruses and with our policy set to delete, that's what VS did. At least 4 other organization globally have reported the problem. McAfee has now pulled Patch 1 from their web sites. I would suspect we'll see a Patch 1a shortly.

If anybody has Patch 1, either uninstall or at least avoid an ODS at all costs.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community