Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeus
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 41

RE: Enterprise 8.7 patch 1

McAfee release this! 8.7 is rubbish at the moment, slow logons for all our PC's.
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 41

Somehow, I had read in release notes that it was going to be released April 17th. It looks like what other pople are saying is that it has been delayed. It is better for it to be delayed than face problems with a patch that gets prematurely released.

In our environment, we have held back deploying 8.7i as we also believe in waiting for the first patch. This is what we did with VSE 8.5i. This was not deployed until about 6 months after it was first released.

I too am waiting for the patch. We are experiencing the following issues

1. mfehidk.sys minidumps
2. Slow logons - (Disablign the network awareness service helpded this one)
3. Random crashing in Outlook 2007 Sp1 with email scanning on
4. Text being stripped out of calender appointments due to email scanning

I took the risk and thought rolling it out in Jan 2009 6 months after RTW the patch would follow pretty rapidly... I also spoke with support and they said to me middle of April 2009.

Which is the reason you test applications BEFORE you deploy them. I love people that complain about applications sucking really bad.

I don't mean to be rude, but the principles of Configuration Management and ITIL best practices come into play here dude!

Did you test 8.7 in your production environment before you deployed it? I did and experienced problems that indicated a non-deployment status for this application. My Vista box experienced a BSOD, and my XP boxes got really taxed for memory.

Moral of the story, test before you deploy.

Engineering 101:eek:

"Bleeding Edge" wink
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 16 of 41

After the Fiasco with vse 8.5 and the rush to push patch 1 before all the early adopters moved to another solution (basic vse 8.5 killed everything) I still cant believe that people have moved to VSE 8.7..

But on the plus side unless someone did there would not be a patch with real world issues fixed within it. Mcafee pre release testing seems to suck, I'd rather wait longer for a new release that I knew was stable than them rush something that they must know deep down is unfit for purpose.

I'm still edgeing towards patch 2 though before I can contemplate releasing it system wide

Yep - 8.5i at latest patch for us shortly 😉

Jim

7 months and NO patch that is still pretty poor whatever you say.. Some of us small buisnesses do not have the luxury of replica labs and how many small businesses actually adhere to Configuration Management and ITIL?
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 19 of 41

Hah ITIL

It is just as bad for us large businesses, we have around 40 desktop images (excluding laptops) and run around 50 major apps a lot of them bespoke to a degree. There is no way on earth we can properly labtest.

still got ITIL certified though :cool:

I agree that 7 months as way overdue for the patch.....:mad:

...perhaps they shouldn't be allowd to start the "Desupport Clock" until after the first patch is delivered....

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community