cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: You don't want Patch 1, yet

I wonder why this hasn't impacted greater numbers. I was one of the lucky ones, and so far (crossing my fingers) nothing has happened.

I deployed it to a test group have not seen any issues. I deployed it day one after it was posted and checked back on the forums a few days later and my jaw about dropped.

McAfee should have at least alerted its customer base about the problem. BIG mistake on the corporate level to say nothing.

Symantec is probably smiling right now...:D
Rixter
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 41

RE: You don't want Patch 1, yet

Well if it's triggerd by the ODS perhaps most people haven't run that on their PCs (that are testing) therefore not triggerd. I've got it but I'm going to uninstall. It completely toasted our NZ computer that had Patch 1 on it. Hundreds of Windows System files reported as infected/deleted.
Highlighted

RE: Enterprise 8.7 patch 1

THAT's what I'm missing. Thanks.

Regards,

Jim
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 34 of 41

RE: Enterprise 8.7 patch 1

McAfee has just posted some info to the support login page about why the Patch 1 was removed. Below is what they say:

IMPORTANT: VSE 8.7i Patch 1 Update
Windows XP and Vista computers running VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Patch 1 have sporadically reported that a false detection of W32/Generic.worm.aa occurs on some files. This appears to be associated with Patch 1 specifically, and not with VSE 8.7i.
To minimize customer impact, McAfee has temporarily removed Patch 1 from the ServicePortal and the download site. After we have identified the root cause of the problem and taken the appropriate steps to resolve this issue, we will repost VSE v8.7i Patch 1.
Customers should contact McAfee Support if they have questions regarding this issue, and check the McAfee ServicePortal for further updates. For more information, please see KB article KB65943.
finkemch
Level 10
Message 35 of 41

Waiting for the VSE 87 Patch 1 - Reposted install Package missing

Hello ,

Does anyone knows when the reposted VSE87 with included Patch 1 is available again ?:confused:

(27.05.09 - Virusscan Enterprise 8.7i has been reposted. This package has been reposted.
This package includes the mandatory Patch 1 update. Now available from the product download site.)

best regards

RE: Waiting for the VSE 87 Patch 1 - Reposted install Package missing

I'd suggest contacting McAfee

Jim
DV27
Level 7
Message 37 of 41

8.7 Patch 1 will be reposted once McAfee have fixed the false detection issue that it currently has. Could be days, could be weeks.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 38 of 41

so you have info on the issue?? please give more detail if you have it
DV27
Level 7
Message 39 of 41

Only that Im afraid. This morning I asked our supplier what had caused Patch 1 to be pulled and that was the reason given.
PhilR
Level 12
Message 40 of 41

Isn't that called Artemis? 😛

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community