cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Version is 0.0000

Hi All,

The VSE Engine Version is showing as 0.0000 but Engine (x64) Version is showing the correct version.

We are managing VSE 8.8 on 35,000 client systems, in that 10,000 systems are running with Windows 7 x64 bit OS. This problem is occuring on very less number of systems (<30 systems). Each day I'm facing this problem on new set of systems (i.e. same systems are not reporting this problem)

My Management wants to know the cause of this issue and a permanent solution as well.

1 Reply
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Engine Version is 0.0000

See https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79215

The KB article refers to DAT Version being reported as 0.0000 but we've seen it with the engine version reported as 0.0000 too.  Likely to be the same root cause.

Uninstall of VirusScan and a reinstall fixes it, as might a reboot of the PC, but, as our customers might get upset if I tested that on PCs in use, I haven't tried it.

Said to be fixed in Patch 4 for Virusscan 8.8, due out in the last week of February, 2014.

Phil

Message was edited by: PhilR on 28/01/14 17:22:40 GMT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community