Did you mean: 
susja
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Download 'Trial' version of McAfee ...

Jump to solution

Hello,

My organization was using McAfee VSE 8.1 for a while ... and license expired and they are not planning to renew it.

In my possession I have 20 PC's , it looks to my that McAfee installation in many cases were corrupted and I don't have any control over it.

My question: does McAfee provide any kind of free 'trial' version like other software vendors do? Then I should be able to install it and take care of it myself i.e. update new .dat files and etc.

Are you aware if it's possible?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Download 'Trial' version of McAfee ...

Jump to solution

Yes we have free "trial" software - but it's a trial in advance of purchase.

You seem to be asking for "free" software - without any intent to purchase. If that's indeed the case, the answer is no. We don't allow our threat research to be used without payment.

6 Replies

Jump to solution

You just posted less than an hour ago in (VSE): Are you running VSE or not?

Do I need to move this to (VSE)?

( Moved to Virus Scan Enterprise > Discussions - By Moderator

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

If you are using a Corporate Product, then you should not be posting in the Consumer Area.

As for there being a "Free Trial" Version of (VSE) I am unaware of one. Especially for (20) Computers.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
susja
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

-catdaddy

You are right,

I tried to use existing VSE but it didn't work for me as expected. I assumed corrupted installation and since I don't have any control of existing installation I assumed any type of 'free' McAfee version that I could install myself and handle it.

Thanks for replya

Jump to solution

You,re welcome. I will consider this thread as "Assumed Answered" as you have another ongoing thread in regards to Updates as well. You will be better served in the VSE  area anyways. I would think the best option possible,  is to have your VSE renewed . Should you need to continue the subject matter any further, you can do so in the one already created:

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Yes we have free "trial" software - but it's a trial in advance of purchase.

You seem to be asking for "free" software - without any intent to purchase. If that's indeed the case, the answer is no. We don't allow our threat research to be used without payment.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the validation

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer