Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anabil2k
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Disable the 'Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail' policy permanently

Jump to solution

I have McAfee Agent Version : 5.6.4.151 installed on a Windows Server 2019 on IBM Cloud and Policy Enforcement Interval (every): 1 hour.

My Web application on that Server uses IIS  to send mails and I usually use Telenet to check smtp servers using port 587.

When i try to clear the block option from that policy ('Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail' ) , sending mails functions work perfectly only for an hour then fails due to the ePO policy enforcement.

Actually I don't have access to the ePO, or to the enforcement interval limit, So what should I do to keep only that policy not blocked forever?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 11 of 11

Re: Disable the 'Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail' policy permanently

Jump to solution

Yes, exactly.  If they are managing it for you, then they would have to make the changes in the cloud epo console.  Otherwise you can request they give you access.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
galih27
Level 9
Message 2 of 11

Re: Disable the 'Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail' policy permanently

Jump to solution
do you use vse
anabil2k
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Yes, the cloud server is provisioned with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise installed

Version number: 8.8.0 (8.8.0.2114), Build date: 17/05/2019

@galih27 

vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello @anabil2k 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to request you to please ask your ePO administrator to make the changes for only one machine and disable the particular option from policy or Mark it for report instead of block.

There is no way to make that policy disable manually from the VSE console because doing so again policy will get enforced (Every 1 hour) and policy will get enable.

Other option to remove (Not recommended) the McAfee Agent so it will not report to the ePO  but in that case you have to do all the changes manually including DAT update.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

anabil2k
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Thanks @vivs , I have sent an email to **personal information omitted**ePO support mail asking them to disable the policy or to mark it for report instead of block as you mentioned, and they sent me a ticket number and I'm currently waiting for their support to solve my issue, and I will keep you posted, thanks a lot for your support.

anabil2k
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Dear @vivs , I have tried a lot with Mcafee support but I couldn't reach the ePO admin to solve my issue and they keep asking for the grant ID and actually I don't have it as I received the cloud server with VSE Console already installed and till now I can't solve such mails issue, and still can't reach the ePO to stop overwriting such policy settings.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

In the VirusScan as well as ENS (whichever product you are using), go to the access protection policy and find the rule for prevent mass mailing worms and uncheck it to disable it from blocking.  Additionally, I am going to transfer this over to the VSE team so they can better assist you with their policy settings.

Was my reply helpful?

anabil2k
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

Thanks @cdinet , I know the steps but I don't know the shortest way to keep the modifications I make in VSE Console permanent as I don't know my ePO admin and I don't know how to reach him by any means, and please tell me to whom should I send my agent id to ask him helping me, and how I get my grant id if I received my cloud server provisioned automatically and VSE already automatically installed as I can't make a service request without providing such grant id.

Many thanks in advance

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

You are going to need to get with your management to find out who manages epo, as that is something we can't help with.  There is no way to make it permanent without a policy change in epo.

Was my reply helpful?

anabil2k
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Thanks @cdinet , but I think you mean that I have to ask IBM Cloud Support who provisioned the cloud server for me with all its 3rd party applications installed including Mcafee VSE and hopefully they will send me the grant id or at least they will guide me to the fastest way to ask the epo admin to have my modifications permanent, anyway I will try with IBM Cloud Support, thank you.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community