Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sohel
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Disable Access Protection from command line

Is there anyway I can disable access protection from a command line for temporarily?

Our current AP policy prevents running any app from TEMP folder, I have created bucn of exclusions based on process name, and they all seems to be working except for the one listed below:

Blocked by Access Protection ruleC:\Windows\Installer\MSI78FB.tmpC:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp\7994.tmp\CopyBootstrap.batAnti-spyware Maximum Protection:Prevent all programs from running files from the Temp folderAction blocked : Execute

any ideas?

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: Disable Access Protection from command line

In what product please?

There isn't any point in posting in Business as there are dozens of sub-sections applicable to each Enterprise product.

Please indicate which one and I will move this there.

You can easily modify the registry value to disable access protection, I personally use a quick reg change to enable/disable on machines remotely when doing changes for certain application updates/installs.  I use remote PS for managing the machines and running this change, you can simply use a .reg file locally if you don't have the ability to remotely manage.

Paste the below in to a text document and save as .reg, double click and run it on any Windows system and this will disable access protection in real time.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\BehaviourBlocking]

"APEnabled"=dword:00000000

To re-enable it, just change the dword value to "APEnabled"=dword:00000001 or create another .reg file with the dword modified.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Moved from Buisness > Business to VirusScan Enterprise > Discussions

Also Closing\Locking thread as it is over a year old.

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community