cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy VS 8.8i on EPO

Ive just downloaded a trail of epo and did a successful install. My test clients have go the agent installed.

I then want to deploy VirusScan 8.8

I goto software manager -> Software not checked in - Evaluation

Select 'McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8' (status = Not checked in)

I click on 'Check in all'. Select current package branch: current

It shows components to be checked in

Management extension
ReportsExtension
Patch 11
Help Extension.

I ok them and it updates

I now see VS enterprise 8.8 listed under 'Checked in Software'

My problem arises when i try to deploy. In the programs available VS isn't listed.

any help appreciated.

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deploy VS 8.8i on EPO

Have you created a deployment task?

If not, then click on the "Client Task Catalog", "McAfee Agent" and then "Product Deployment". In here you need to create a deployment task to VirusScan 8.8i.

When i do this - in the Products and components drop down box, I don't have Virus scan listed so can't deploy that. I only have McAfee agents and Product imporovement program.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

@joebhoy

Based on your description, it sounds like you have only the Patch package for VSE checked in currently, not the full installation package. The Patch package is only intended for use with Product Update tasks to update/patch from a previous build of VSE--it is not for full installation. 

As such, you will need to check in the "Install - Windows (Patch 11) Version 8.8" package (VSE880LMLRP11.zip once downloaded) into your desired Master Repository branch. Once checked in, you should then be able to see VSE as an option to select in your Product Deployment task.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please either give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Under software Manager I Don't have the  option to "Install - Windows (Patch 11) Version 8.8" to check in - thats what puzzles me.

I have 14 items under VirusScan Enterprise (all checked in) and none of them are "Install - ....." Looks like the install package is not there.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

@joebhoyIt is available within Software Manager if you are correctly licensed (see highlighted areas in image below). Try sorting by type so all packages are visible first. If you still do not see it, then you need to validate that it should be available to you by logging into the Service Portal's Product Downloads page with your Grant # and confirming you can download it there. If you can see it there, then you may need to update the license key your ePO is using for it to show in the software manager. 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, so together we can help other members?

Capture.PNG

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator