cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spork
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Defer Schedule Scan Dialog Box still not appearing - VSE 8.7i patch 3 and MA 4.5

Jump to solution

Can anyone else confirm that this issue has or has not been addressed? The VSE 8.7i patch 3 states that it has but I have been testing this on sevaral machines and do not seem to be prompted with the "defer" dialog box. I do get prompted to defer the ODS scan on the same host machine when running the MA 4.0 agent.

Defer.png

Test Rig

Host devices: Windows XP SP3 fully patched

VSE 8.7i w/repost of patch 3

MA 4.5 patch 0

ePO 4.5 w/patch 1

Latest extensions for both VSE 8.7i and MA 4.5

• Issue: The user dialog box for the scan task option, User  may defer scheduled scans, did not appear when VirusScan 8.7i was  managed by the McAfee Agent 4.5. (Reference: 534348)
    Resolution: The VirusScan Statistics tray plug-in was updated  to include this same functionality from the VirusScan Statistics legacy  tray icon.

Thanks in advance

S.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Defer Schedule Scan Dialog Box still not appearing - VSE 8.7i patch 3 and MA 4.5

Jump to solution

Hi

8.7ip3/4.5

I configured to 'allow users...' but its not working, not bringing up 'Defer' option.

Kind regards

Markus

2 Replies

Re: Defer Schedule Scan Dialog Box still not appearing - VSE 8.7i patch 3 and MA 4.5

Jump to solution

Hi

8.7ip3/4.5

I configured to 'allow users...' but its not working, not bringing up 'Defer' option.

Kind regards

Markus

Jump to solution

Same here.

Patch 2 broke it, and Patch 3 still doesn't fix it.

Agent 4.5.0.1270

VSE 8.7.0.570

EPO 4.0 Build 1333