cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DAT files not updating

Jump to solution
We have around 250 machines that are not updating to the latest DAT file. Most of the machines are windows 10, and have McAfee Agent 5.5.1.342, VSE 8.8.0.2024. Tried running update now and choosing DAT and VSE, this did not work. I also tried pushing the agent and VSE again, this did not work. VSE was removed and reinstalled and this too did not work. Manually installed the latest DAT on Friday and it is still at Fridays DAT did not update over the weekend. All machines are communicating to EPO just not updating the DAT file. Also some of the machines where windows 7 that where upgraded to windows 10.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DAT files not updating

Jump to solution

Get the agent status monitor up on screen and see what is happening when you try to update the DATS.

Also, try Agent 5.6.1 instead of 5.5.1.  It seems more reliable here.

Phil

3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

This could be caused by any number of things. When did you notice the issue? 

An initial good test would be to test it VSE updates the content locally if you download the DAT from here: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-gb/downloads/security-updates.html

If this works, then this proves that VSE is working fine and something with the agent is likely involved. Check this first, if this works, I would point you towards the McAfee Agent Team to help you. You can start yourself by looking at the McAfee Agent Logs found within %ProgramData%\McAfee\

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Get the agent status monitor up on screen and see what is happening when you try to update the DATS.

Also, try Agent 5.6.1 instead of 5.5.1.  It seems more reliable here.

Phil

Jump to solution

Problem was with the MA 5.5.1.342, updated to 5.5.1.388 and the DATs are updating fine. Will be updating to MA 5.6.1 as soon as possible but need to update drive encryption.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator