Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBMOL
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

DAT file update script

Our environment has Windows 2012 R2 server but no ePO server and 10+ Windows workstations.  I am looking for either a script or task scheduler that can be setup to pull the latest DAT file to the workstation from the server and execute the update.  These systems have no internet access but DAT files are copied onto the server manually.  Currently, we manually apply the update on each workstation.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: DAT file update script

Hi,

McAfee does not have any script explicitly to serve your purpose. You may ask your scripting team and get this job done.

Venu
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: DAT file update script

Hi @RBMOL

Check out the recommended steps in this post, I believe they may also be of use to yourself:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan-Enterprise-VSE/Minimal-Local-Repository-to-only-update-Vir...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.