cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT Update No Longer Working

I'm trying to test the new DAT files that are coming (new certs) on my workstation.  I'm doing this based on McAfee KB:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91485

I downloaded the xdat from here:  http://downloadcenter.mcafee.com/products/mcafee-avert/dats/certificate2019/v2/9172xdat.exe

I ran the above update with the /F option so that it would force a downgrade.  But now when I try to update the DAT from either the VSE console or update my workstation from my ePO console, it doesn't update.  It still has the old 9172 DAT.  I'm concerned about this because it appears that these newer DAT files with the newly signed certs are going to break DAT updates in my environment....this is BAD.  I have around 12K endpoints and breaking DAT updates would definitely be BAD.

Am I missing a step here to get the DAT updated on my device after forcing a downgrade?  Please advise.  Thanks!

FYI - I'm running VSE 8.8 P12 + Hotfix and ePO 5.10 CU3

1 Reply
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: DAT Update No Longer Working

@sgrechtman If you force a DAT downgrade/perform a rollback, then your endpoint will not be able to again update to the version of the DAT that you rolled back from. It will instead wait until the next day's DAT release to accept the upgrade. This is a fail-safe mechanism in place to prevent re-application of the "bad DAT" that necessitated the rollback. (The software assumes you rolled back to avoid an issue with the DAT it had upgraded to, and will prevent re-application so it doesn't automatically reinstate what was rolled back).

Does this make sense?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community