cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT Update Failed

Hello Experts!

I am not able to update DAT version of VSE8.8 (Stand Alone) on few PCS in my client network, it showing the error of "Common frame services not running" something like that.

How to fix the issue?

Please Help!

Thank You!

17 Replies
hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 18

Re: DAT Update Failed

Is the framework service (please verify from services window)?

If not running then what is the error message you are getting when you try to start it (while starting, make sure that you disabled VSE Access protection).

ansarias
Level 13
Message 3 of 18

Check McAfee Framework service is running or not on those machines, if not than run it and give click on update now.

framework service are not there

ansarias
Level 13
Message 5 of 18

That's why McAfee is not getting the DAT file automatically from McAfee server. If you have McAfee VSE standalone package, Get file : FramePkg_UPD.exe from package and run on all affected machine, Issue will fix.

For standalone VSE from where i will FramePkg_UPD.exe ?

ansarias
Level 13
Message 7 of 18

Extract the VSE LML package ZIP file into folder and this exe will be there in folder.

Below is the example of VSE 8.8 patch 3 package.

ScreenShot_ 12.49 02-Mar-15.jpg

Thank u for the solution but its works in 2 pcs only rest of them are showing same error...here is the screenshot.Also in the same pcs Access Protection, on delivery email scanner and on access scanner on VSE console showing disabled ,I checked the property enable check box is already tick. 

Error.bmp

ansarias
Level 13
Message 9 of 18

Looks like McAfee VSE is corrupt, Could you please run McAfee VSE setup.exe with command : REINSTALLMODE=amus /q

Also follow below KB article for McAfee Agent issue.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB57899

One more issue had occured related to internet, after installing VSE8.8 in one of the PC, it lost internet connectivity, earlier it was working fine.As soon as I uninstall VSE, it connect to internet successfully.