cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAT Not Present on EPO 4.5

Jump to solution

Yesterday my EPO management console started showng that my DAT file is not present. I checked the catalog.z file to see if it's present and it is. I restarted all three McAfee services on the server. I checked the repository and it looks like the DAT file is there, but it is at 6435.0000 and the latest is 6827.0000.

I've tried searching the forums and two recommendations so far have been checking your catalog.z file and restarting the services. I can't seem to find anymore info.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

ScreenShot01.png

Message was edited by: latprosec on 9/7/12 10:14:47 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: DAT Not Present on EPO 4.5

Jump to solution

One option would be to delete the DAT package from your 'current' branch and rerun the 'update master repository' task. It's possible a setting has become corrupt somewhere along the line.

Your last resort would be to rebuild your master repository from scratch. As per the KB article below

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53736&pmv=print

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Have you run the server task to update the master repository? Sounds like you have a very old DAT checked in.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I have. I ran it manually today just in case but it also runs daily.

Message was edited by: latprosec on 9/7/12 10:49:03 AM CDT
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

One option would be to delete the DAT package from your 'current' branch and rerun the 'update master repository' task. It's possible a setting has become corrupt somewhere along the line.

Your last resort would be to rebuild your master repository from scratch. As per the KB article below

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53736&pmv=print

Jump to solution

Looks like updating a new DAT package did the trick I didn't have to rebuild the repository.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community