cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy 8.7 On-Access Exclusions to On Demand Scan Task Exclusions?

We are running ePO 4.0 with VirusScan 8.7.

I spent a lot of time researching what exclusions to put in place for the applications in our environment.  These exclusions are in place for on-access scans.  I use tags to sort systems to specific groups and I assign specific exclusions on a group basis.  This allows me to target specific machines with specific exclusions.  The process has worked very well.

I am trying to refine our scheduled Scan Tasks.  The tasks that I have now do not include any type of exclusions.  I am setting up 6 total tasks and each task would need a set of exclusions.  Is there an easier way to add exclusions for each task?  The only way that I know of currently is to individually add each exclusion to each task and that will take FOREVER! The interface isn't very nice either.

• Does Mcafee have a way to export the exclusions from my On-Access Scan Exclusions to import in to the new scan tasks? 

• Are there other utilities out there for this?

• Can I do this with SQL against the DB?

I'm curious to hear how others are managing their exclusions.  Thank  you to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Message was edited by: wolfman099 on 7/30/10 10:05:10 AM CDT
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Copy 8.7 On-Access Exclusions to On Demand Scan Task Exclusions?

Having the option to copy and paste the list of exclusion paths would be nice as well.  I have not see that option available in ePO 4.0.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community