cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare VirusScan Enterprise for SAP NetWeaver with VirusScan Enterprise

Hi,

Does anyone have exprience with VirusScan Enterprise for SAP NetWeaver? What is its advantage compared to local VSE on SAP server?

As i understand, it provides a interface for SAP netweaver. Finially, it uses VSE to scan files.

But all files coming to SAP server should be scanned by VSE on-access scan on this server. Then, why do we use VSE for SAP NetWeaver?

Thanks.

2 Replies
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Compare VirusScan Enterprise for SAP NetWeaver with VirusScan Enterprise

The SAP solution isn't always on a Windows server, and so in that scenario an off-box Windows server that does have VSE + the SAP NetWweaver add-on is required for scanning.

But when it's a Windows server itself, perhaps there is some redundancy there... I've never seen how that works under-the-hood to confirm we'd be seeing the file anyway, having the module or not - it makes sense that we would, but if the file is in some kind of proprietary format that requires SAP to give you a "normal" view of the contents... then you'd have a need for the add-on.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Re: Compare VirusScan Enterprise for SAP NetWeaver with VirusScan Enterprise

Thank you for your reply.

I think performance may be also an advantage for VSE SAP Netweaver, compared to local VSE.