cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citrix Provisioning Services, Exclusions

Hi all

Wondering if theres any other exclusions needed for Citrix Provisioning Services than mentioned here

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX124185

Citrix Provisioning Services  installed on a W2008 R2

Searched the kc.mcafee.com and other sources but above link was all i found

If anybody out there are aware of any other exclusions needed please let me know

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Re: Citrix Provisioning Services, Exclusions

Hello,

please keep this sentence in mind "Following is a list of symptoms consistent with an Antivirus client that must be tuned". If there is no need due to a none existenst performance impact don't exclude these processes except you are experiencing severe problems since VSE has been installed.

"Pro active" tuning in this manner is like opening security holes for malware and people who know for what and where they have to look for. Please keep this in mind.

Back to your question: Nope, for me I don´t know ANY needed exclusion. Regardless what every Developer want me to do regarding exclusions (Microsoft, McAfee, Oracle...endless list...) I only exclude processes when the need for it is verified and the security is not in danger. At least take care of a full scan on these machines when they are not in common use.

No as I see it theres no real list of exclusions for Citrix Provisioning Services

And as you did mention run a scan and monitor it, then lets see if theres a need

Thanks

kenobe
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I'm having an issue with it now.  When they do the first reboot they get a blue screen.  I don't see any log info to point me to any exclusions.  Apparently removing VSE is the only way to do this. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community