cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Citrix, McAfee VSE 8.7 Problems

Care to share what exceptions you had to use? We are having the exact same problems and it is completely killing our Citrix servers every day...

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 27

see post 12 of this thread, had to back this up with overnight scans of the exclusions

Highlighted

Ah ok, I didn't realise you mean't quite that drastic. Seems like we may as well just turn "on access scan" off if we are just going to exclude the majority of the server anyway... think I will raise this with Mcafee and see if I can get a better solution. Will post back here if I get anywhere with them

Highlighted

Good News.

I installed VirusScan 8.8 and it has been running without issue for almost a week on one of my problem Citrix servers.

David

Highlighted

Hmm unfortunately we just tried installing 8.8 and it caused none of our Citrix users to be able to log on... when they try to log in they either just get stuck on the "Running logon scripts" part or they get a Just In Time Debugger error. I uninstalled VSE 8.8 and then they could all log back on fine. I'm assuming this is an issue with VSE 8.8 and something we call in our logon scripts but will have to look into it further.

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that.

This marks one full week with no Citrix issues for me.

David

Confirmed for me as well: VSE 8.8 doesn't display any of the problems that I saw with VSE 8.7 on my Citrix servers. I'm now officially done with VSE 8.5!

VSE 8.8 does add one new problem, but it is very minor. I now see these mfehidk warnings in the server log, as per this thread: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/32189?start=0&tstart=0

Unlike some of the descriptions in that thread, I see only two mfehidk warnings logged at each daily server reboot, and they say that a fix is coming in the next Agent patch.

As problems go, this seems like a fair trade-off to me.

Dave

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community