Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 27

Re: Citrix, McAfee VSE 8.7 Problems

we had problems with the mcafee filter driver causing winlogon to hang when running 8.7 patch 2 and 3 with ps 4.5 this caused the sever to become unresponsive and crash but without creating a dump, finally exempted a whole load of additional stuff and it seems to have stabilised.

Highlighted

Thanks for the info Tony. I assume you mean you added exclusions?

I excluded the entire C drive and all sub-files/folders and it still caused the server to become very slow. I also still could not launch task manager.

If you have any more specific info please let me know.

Thanks,

David

Message was edited by: workablob on 8/10/10 6:49:23 AM GMT-06:00
Highlighted
Level 13
Message 13 of 27

I ended up having to exclude the following... (which I can't really recommend working in security but you do what you have to and 50 working citrix servers versus not working does make a difference)

In addition to the standard exceptions already reffered to in the thread

**\program files\

**\program files (x86)\

**\syswow64\

**\system32\

all with subs included

also the profile drives are excluded as we dont allow remote data access back to our network through citrix anyway and all the email and internet is getting scanned by additional third party tools.

We provide 50+ additional apps (apart from office) across citrix so breaking it down further would make the system unmanageable.

McAfee have released Profiler.

I am going to run it on the affected servers and see if it helps me to track down the issue.

http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadmcprofiler.aspx.

david

Highlighted

Any updates on this? I had issues in the past and reverted from 8.7 back to 8.5, would like to upgrade but looks like it still has issues.

Highlighted

We tried VSE 8.7 and Patch 4 on a Windows 2003 TS with Citrix 4.5 and the problem still exists. Looks like Patch 4 did not fix it for us.

Message was edited by: MurfKan on 10/11/10 4:45:36 PM CDT
Highlighted

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will hold off for a bit. Thank you.

Highlighted

I applied Patch 4 to some of my Citrix Servers. (The ones that have the issue)

It initially seemed encouraging but the problem came back.

8.7 runs just fine on most of the servers.

But, it grinds the affected ones to almost a halt and the DOWN connections, TaskManager won't launch and the DOWN sessions cannot be cleaned out.

Bummer

Dave

Highlighted

Thanks Dave, we wont waste our time trying 8.7 on our Citrix once again.

Let's hope VS8.8 will behave better..

Highlighted
Level 13
Message 20 of 27

We had major issues with this from 8.5 to 8.7 finally used some pretty major exceptions and 8.7 sp4, working ok on our farms

did flag up 3 servers that were badly built in the process as nothing would work on them but they were fine with our latest citrix server image.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community