powe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Cannot uninstall OnAccessScanner

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to run the following command on VSE 8.8 P13:

vse880.msi REMOVE=OnAccessScanner

but i fails every time. vse880.msi REMOVE=AccessProtection works.

Looking at the logs i can see

.msi log:

Invoking MfeVsAch: "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MfeVsAcH.exe" AddAACStickyPolicy
!> Error - Could not add sticky AAC policy: -1

MfeVsAcH_<date>.log:

>> Start do_AddAACStickyPolicy
Failed to get AAC interface!. Ret: 126
>> The loaded modules in \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MfeVsAcH.exe

>> C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MfeVsAcH.exe (0x00400000)
>> ....
>> <Listing a couple of dlls>
>> ....
>> AAC control is NULL!
>> The loaded modules in \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MfeVsAcH.exe

>> C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MfeVsAcH.exe (0x00400000)
>> ....
>> <Listing a couple of dlls>
>> ....
>> Failed to add VSE AAC Sticky policy
<< Exit do_AddAACStickyPolicy. Return: -1

This is the closest kb to my problem that I've found

Altough it's not exactly the same, since I'm doing an uninstall and my vse8.8.0.core_uninstall_xxxxxx_xxxxxx.log is not reporting the same errors as the install log in the kb. I checked the dlls logged in MfeVsAcH_<date>.log with the vtpinfo and sigcheck commands and they all report valid. I've added the root certificates from this kb.

I've tried on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, none of them work.

Hope the log excerpts are enough, i cannot export from the system I'm working in so i have to write them by hand 😥 But I'm happy to search through them for any information needed!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: Cannot uninstall OnAccessScanner

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right, The removal of OAS is not officially documented/supported. Even if you try to ignore the inclusion of the OAS during the command-line installation of the product it will still get the OAS installed and enabled.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @powe,

Good day to you!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove the OnAccessScanner.

Could you please confirm if there are any specific reasons why you are trying to remove the OnAccessScanner?

You could keep the OAS in a disabled state if you do not use it.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

powe
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi! In my experience, it is possible to remove OAS, since the same command runs fine on 2012 R2, but maybe this isn't officially supported? We're just disabling OAS temporarily.

Unless this is something fixable, I'll just disable the McShield service for now.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right, The removal of OAS is not officially documented/supported. Even if you try to ignore the inclusion of the OAS during the command-line installation of the product it will still get the OAS installed and enabled.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community