cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot mount samba share after p2v

Hi,

recently i converted a vintage w2003 server in my vmWare esxi 6.7 infrastructure.

This server have MA 4.8.0.1938 and VSE 8.8 patch 6 (8.8.0.1445). Physical server can reach a NetApp share without problem, but the same server after p2v does not.

During my test i tried to uninstall VSE 8.8 and, after reboot, voilà... the samba share is reachable.

I also tried to uninstall the MA and i replaced it with MA 5.0.3.272, after i reinstall VSE 8.8 patch 6. The result is that the samba share is not reachable (error: "Windows cannot find \\share Check the spelling and try again...). During this strange behaviour all windows share are ok without problem, only the Samba share hosted on a NetApp infrastructure is not available, if i uninstall the av engine VSE the same share returns available.

Can you help me to find a solution? Thank you very much in advance. 

4 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot mount samba share after p2v

@retegraf Do you have scanning on network drives enabled in your VSE OAS Default Process policy? It's possible that you're unable to access if the scanner is getting denied access to the share, or if something is interfering with its ability to traverse the network. If you have it enabled, I would recommend testing connection with it disabled.

If you do not have that feature enabled, have you tried seeing if the issue resolves after disabling OAS or implementing the ZZZ test? Or with Access Protection disabled?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

@jess_armanyes, i also tested to disable OAS, without success. The only way to recconnect to the NetApp share is to uninstall VSE 8.8. Microsoft share are available with VSE installed.

Other suggestions?

Thank you.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

@retegraf You confirm you've disabled OAS, but have you tried disabling other features like Access Protection, Script Scan, or Self-Protection? 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Highlighted

@jess_armanyes i disabled everything but i cannot reach the netapp share.

The difference between the physical and virtual server is the network card, i suppose.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center