Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mkazi
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Can't remove VSE from one of the production xp PC.

Jump to solution

Hello,

i have one XP PC has VSE 8.8.0.1445 , agent 5.0.3.272 installed. Need to uninstalled it but looks like it's not talking to the EPO server so can't uninstall from the EPO. How can i uninstall it manually ? Is there any tool for that ?

Need to fix it ASAP because it's running a production software. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Re: Can't remove VSE from one of the production xp PC.

Jump to solution

@vnaidu The EPR tool does not work for all McAfee Endpoint products. It also will not assist mkazi as it is not supported for use on XP as XP is an unsupported OS. The list of products it does remove can be found in its User Guide, PD27734.

@mkazi In order to remove McAfee Agent, you simply need to run the following command (depending on your file structure) via Administrative Command Prompt:

"c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall 

Or
"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

See KB65863.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

@mkazi If you are unable to uninstall VSE then I would recommend you to visit http://mcafee.com/downloads/downloads.aspx and then download the Endpoint Removal tool. Using this tool you should be able to uninstall VSE from your XP machine.

Note: To download the tool, you will need to have an active grant number.

I hope this information helps.

Venu
mkazi
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I was actually able to remove VSE but the agent is still there.

Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@mkazi Please the Endpoint Removal Tool to remove Agent, it works for all McAfee end point products.

Venu
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

@vnaidu The EPR tool does not work for all McAfee Endpoint products. It also will not assist mkazi as it is not supported for use on XP as XP is an unsupported OS. The list of products it does remove can be found in its User Guide, PD27734.

@mkazi In order to remove McAfee Agent, you simply need to run the following command (depending on your file structure) via Administrative Command Prompt:

"c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall 

Or
"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

See KB65863.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I am glad to hear you were able to remove VSE, if you are unable to remove the agent following the steps in kb65863 then please open a service request with the McAfee Agent team for further assistance.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center