cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone describe for me what AVDiagnostics is?

Jump to solution

We just implemented McAfee Enterprise and are having all sorts of troubles with reports from users now complaining of issues with Microsoft Office and IE being sluggish and sometimes crashing.  A handful of the users have listed in event viewer over and over again (event fires off multiple times every minute) Event ID 1, Source:  AVDiagnostics.  I can post more details about the error tomorrow (I'm at home and not at work right now).  I'm curious if anyone has any info as to what AVDiagnostics is and if it's even related to a McAfee product?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can someone describe for me what AVDiagnostics is?

Jump to solution

It's related to the ViewMail, sorry, wrong forum.  Please close topic.

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Here's the full text of the event:

The description for Event ID 1 from source AVDiagnostics cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

P000019b8 T00001880 TfxExt L02 Z0000001382 08\15\2012 08:44:39.854 AdvSink.cpp : Line 735 : OnMsgModified: OpenEntry failed

Jump to solution

It's related to the ViewMail, sorry, wrong forum.  Please close topic.