i have few systems in my environment which are constantly getting virus due to pen drive access so, can anyone tel me how to schedule a ondemand scan when the virus is found in the system
I think you have first to understand first the importance of creating a security strategy
Protecting your client systems from viruses, worms, and Trojan files using VirusScan Enterprise requires a well-planned strategy: defining threat prevention and detection, response to threats, and ongoing analysis and tuning.
Prevention means avoiding threats
Define your security needs to ensure that all of your data sources are protected, then develop an effective strategy to stop intrusions before they gain access to your environment. Configure these features to prevent intrusions:
• User Interface Security: Set display and password protection to control access to the VirusScan Enterprise user interface.
• Access Protection: Use access protection rules to protect your computer from undesirable behavior with respect to files, registry , and ports.
• Buffer Overflow Protection: Prevent abnormal programs or threats from overrunning the buffer's boundary and overwriting adjacent memory while writing data to a buffer . These
exploited buffer overflows can execute arbitrary code on your computer .
• Unwanted Program Protection: Eliminate potentially unwanted programs such as spyware and adware from your computer.
Detection means finding threats
Develop an effective strategy to detect intrusions when they occur . Configure these features to detect threats:
• Update Task:Get automatic updates of DAT and scanning engine from the McAfee download website.
• On-Access Scanner: Detect potential threats from any possible source as files are read from or written to disk. You can also scan for potentially unwanted cookies in the cookies
• On-Demand Scan Tasks: Detect potential threats using immediate and scheduled scan tasks. You can also scan for potentially unwanted cookies and spyware-related registry
entries that were not previously cleaned.
• On-Delivery and On-Demand Email Scanner: Detect potential threats on Microsoft Outlook email clients using on-delivery scanning of messages, attachments, and public folders. Detect potential threats on Lotus Notes email clients when messages are accessed.
• Quarantine Manager Policy: Specify the quarantine location and the length of time to keep quarantined items. Restore quarantined items as necessary .
For more details and how to configure or schedule the tasks please follows this is the product guide link https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22941/en_US/...
If you need any assistance please don't hesitate to reply!