Could you provide some additional detail please?
That's a good starter list for now.
- i tried to deploy VSE by creating client task and also tried with the update now option
- s set the client task immediately
- s i can monitor d status of the client , its communicating with the server regularly, and it was even pinging
- i only tried to push VSE package from the client but didnt try to install the package manually in the client
Could you please provide more details on issue?
- dis is the fresh installation
- i tried deploying AV version 8.7.0
- ya i do have admin right
- i just got installation failed message
- i m trying to install it on some window 7 and xp machine, i get the same error on both the system
should i have to push even DAT and engine file along with VSE?? (i guess not needed)
will it be a client system problem? if it is, then how to find it?
will the firewall block any of our products?
will there be any tagging issue?
plz guide me with troubleshooting steps if possible, i vry new to this environment..
Could you please share detailed error logs and also check McAfee Logs folder under temp directory for more details.
Here are a few thoughts and observations.
- I wouldn't be deploying VS8.7 to your system. Must use Patch 2 or later to work with Windows 7.
- ePO 4.5 is pretty old too as far a versions go. Even though you don't mention the ePO version 4.5.x.xxxx (ePO 4.5 was end of life last year)
If you are determined to make old work with old and a newer OS I would try to load VS8.8 package and extension into the eval branch of 4.5.
Attempt a deployment to the client.
When all else fails, attempt a manual install and see if you get any errors.
VS8.7 was known for leaving trash registry keys around. You might also look at the client and make sure there isn't any other AV on there including MalwareBytes should that be the case.