cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me with Exclusion of a Hidden Folder?

Hi,

I am not sure how to exclude a hidden folder in VSE Exclusion like

$db_dirty$

$db_lost$

etc.

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can anyone help me with Exclusion of a Hidden Folder?

Moved to VSE for better response.

---

Peter

Hi Sonia,

I might try something like this:

**\$db_dirty$\

**\$db_lost$\

etc. (Note the trailing \)

However, I am not recommending these exclusions as these are Quite Open.

I firmly believe that Exclusions should be rare and only used when ALL other techniques have proved ineffective.

Try and exclude these folders only for the processes that are impacted, using High/Low-Risk processes, making the DB a Low-Risk Process. Define the exclusion for that process, keeping all other processes at Default and not excluded.

I would suggest this article:

Consolidated list of VirusScan Enterprise exclusion articles

Technical Articles ID:  KB66909

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66909&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

and:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Understanding VirusScan Enterprise Exclusions

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Understanding High-Risk, Low-Risk, and Default processes configuration and us...

McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to create Low-Risk and High-Risk process exclusions in VirusScan Enterpri...

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67211McAfee KnowledgeBase - Recommended exclusions for VirusScan Enterprise on Microsoft SQL Servers

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Required exclusions for running VirusScan Enterprise 8.x on Oracle database s...

Hope this is Helpful.

Ron Metzger

apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ron,

I know this is rather old post and might have lost its actuality (just came across with it during searching for something), but I think the objects that Sonia was referring to, are in fact files and not folders. Therefore the trailing \ is not needed.

These files are mentioned in the "Comprehensove AV Exclusion recommendation document" from MS, which I happen to have.

On the other hand I fully agree with you on all other statement of yours.

Have a nice day.

Attila