cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I prompt a user when a user-defined event is triggered?

I am using VSE 8.8 and ePO 4.6.8. I was wondering if it is possible to have an end user prompted, similar to when a on access detection happens, when a user-defined event is triggered?

Along the same lines, when a scheduled on demand scan is run and malware is detected the event is shown in the ePO console but the end user is not prompted of the detection. Can that be done?

2 Replies

Re: Can I prompt a user when a user-defined event is triggered?

I don't think so we have option on this

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I prompt a user when a user-defined event is triggered?

I am using VSE 8.8 and ePO 4.6.8. I was wondering if it is possible to have an end user prompted, similar to when a on access detection happens, when a user-defined event is triggered?

This is not something which is native to the product since there is a fair amount of risk involved (what if there's an outbreak?) However, there might be a way to do this via a registered executable or automated response. I haven't tested this, but hopefully this will give you more ideas about how it can be accomplished.

AUTO-VSE-Notify_User.PNG

when a scheduled on demand scan is run and malware is detected the event is shown in the ePO console but the end user is not prompted of the detection. Can that be done?

To force an On-Demand Scan upon detection, see this video: How To Setup Advanced Automation with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Tags - YouTube