Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboyle
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Can I apply 2 different policies to 1 system

Hi,

I am fairly new to epo 4.6, so I may be going about this the wrong way.  I have serveral systems that are running both SQL and Veritas Backup Exec.  I have created 2 separate policies, 1 for SQL exceptions, which includes the virusscan exclusions detailed in KB67211, and a separate policy for Backup Exec, which includes the virusscan exclusions detailed in KB68701.  I can apply the first policy fine and the exclusions are applied to the system.  When then try and apply my second policy, it overwrites the exclusions applied in the first policy with the new set of exclusions.  Am I only able to apply one policy per system? or is there another way of applying 2 sets of Virusscan exclusions to the same system.

Many thanks

3 Replies

Re: Can I apply 2 different policies to 1 system

I believe for VSE you can only assign 1 policy per system tree node, not like IPS Rules where you can have multiple policy instances.

But you could:

1. Put your exclusions for SQL and Backup Exec in the same policy and apply it to the system tree nodes needed.

or

2. This requires a bit more work but, go to your On-Access Default Processes Policies, and choose "Configure different scanning policies for high-risk, low-risk, and default processes". See screenshot. But then you need to configure the High/Low policy along with the Default. But you could specify exclusions for SQL in High, Backup Exec in Low, or something like that.

jboyle
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

I put all the exclusions in 1 policy and applied it successfully, but I like suggestion no. 2 as it is a bit more organised.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated

No, that is not possible.

Best regards,

Jose Maria