cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I McAfee VScan Ent for Storage on Virtual Machine?

I have a Storage Server with Windows 2008 R2 virtualized on Hiper-V. Can I install McAfee Enterprise for Storage in this server?

4 Replies
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can I McAfee VScan Ent for Storage on Virtual Machine?

Yes, you can.

Be mindful of NIC throughput limitations of the host. I've seen someone shoot themselves in the foot before by having multiple scan-server VMs on the same host, wondering why they were having connectivity problems when each/every Filer was essentially talking to the same box

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Thank you very much wwarren, then the recommendation for this case would be to work with MOVE instead of  VScan Ent for Storage . right?

wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

You might be confusing our solutions...

VSE for Storage is to provide AV coverage to Filers (NetApp for example) - the "VSE for Storage" solution is an installation of VSE to a server, which can be a VM if you want.

MOVE is to provide AV coverage to VMs.

So if you have a Filer to protect, then you want the Storage solution. If it's the VMs you want to protect then you don't want the Storage solution - you'd want either VSE itself or MOVE.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Thanks wwarren, that's right, but what I meant was if possible use VScan Ent. for Storage for the storage server and MOVE for others servers.