Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eg211
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Build a lab to test VSE for Storage?

Hi There,

First, i apologize for submitting a dumb question here.. but is it possible to build a lab to test VSE for Storage features? based on VMware ESX virtual environment or something else

I'm doing a lot of google searches on how to setup a ICAP storage server on Microsoft Windows platforms or linux platforms but didn't find a practicable one..

Please do kindly share the information if you know how to achieve it. many thanks in advance.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Build a lab to test VSE for Storage?

In order to setup a test lab for VSE for storage, you will need to have a Client machine and a storage box. If you can configure a virtual storage box on a VM or something it will help you

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
eg211
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

It may beyond your support but may i know does FreeNAS can help?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

FreeNAS seems not supported. If you have a evaluation version of the below listed product, you can give it out try.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74863

eg211
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Yes i checked that KB too, is it means we can installed some ICAP or netapp software on Windows platform to build a test box? or we have to purchase a physical netapp box for the testing..?

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi @eg211,

Thank you for posting your query! glad to see you active here 🙂 I did some googling for you, and I could come across some websites offering Virtual Storage Appliance. However VSA's are not officially supported by VSES owing to which testing with them may not give you fruitful information at all.

The product may not behave as expected as it is designed to work with the tested environments perfectly. We would recommend deploying our product on any of the supported NAS as per KB74863 (which you have already seen).

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community