cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Best way to Upgrade ePO 5.3.1 (build 188), McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1938 and VirusScan 8.8.0.1906

Jump to solution
Is there a best practice way to upgrade all the McAfee products? The best would be with a tutorial but it would also help to know how to update all the stuff. Especially in which order I should upgrade the products. We have these products in operation: - ePo 5.3.1 Build 188 - McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1938 - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.1906 Patch 10 - ScanEngine 6000.8403 - VirusScan Enterprise for Storage 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 I would appreciate I anyone could help me out. Thank you!
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: Best way to Upgrade ePO 5.3.1 (build 188), McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1938 and VirusScan 8.8.0.1906

Jump to solution

Couple resources to review for the ePO upgrade:

ePolicy Orchestrator installation and update checklist for known issues - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?id=KB71825&page=content

Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for ePolicy Orchestrator - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86693 (Look under "Installation, upgrades, and migration")

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: Best way to Upgrade ePO 5.3.1 (build 188), McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1938 and VirusScan 8.8.0.1906

Jump to solution

@User81359875 You can also take a look at our various Reference Configuration outlines and determine which one matches your goal versions for a comprehensive upgrade order and instructions. 

Reference configurations are McAfee-recommended deployment scenarios that have undergone extensive testing to ensure proper sequencing and improve ease of execution. Each reference configuration document contains a product mix that has been validated to work together properly for a specific type of customer profile. If a specific product set is missing from this list, that does not mean there are compatibility issues--it just means that configuration has not yet been specifically tested.

KB88274 is an introduction to these documents, and this link will take you to an organized search of all available documents so you can search and find one to meet your needs.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

If you are planning on upgrading from VSE to ENS, the use of the EUA tool would be recommended: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88141
This tool is however not useful for VSE-Storage. 

Which versions of which products are you looking to upgrade to?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Couple resources to review for the ePO upgrade:

ePolicy Orchestrator installation and update checklist for known issues - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?id=KB71825&page=content

Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for ePolicy Orchestrator - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86693 (Look under "Installation, upgrades, and migration")

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@User81359875 You can also take a look at our various Reference Configuration outlines and determine which one matches your goal versions for a comprehensive upgrade order and instructions. 

Reference configurations are McAfee-recommended deployment scenarios that have undergone extensive testing to ensure proper sequencing and improve ease of execution. Each reference configuration document contains a product mix that has been validated to work together properly for a specific type of customer profile. If a specific product set is missing from this list, that does not mean there are compatibility issues--it just means that configuration has not yet been specifically tested.

KB88274 is an introduction to these documents, and this link will take you to an organized search of all available documents so you can search and find one to meet your needs.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center