cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool; mfetdik.sys

Hello,

according to this article: https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB70321 it seems to be a problem within WindowsXP but I wonder if there is any workaround beside upgrading to Windows 7. It is not a daily problem and is not according to lots of machines but still I'd like to know how to prevent (if possible).

I add the minidump for further analysis and could provide detailed Systeminformations if needed but maybe this is a known behaving or bug an there is an existent solution I did not found so far (No, not upgrading to Windows 7 :-D).

Please feel free to ask for further informations.

regards

6 Replies
pato
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool; mfetdik.sys

Hi

Do you have any patches for your installed security products installed?

For example the latest patch for Mcafee Enterprise 8.7?

Maybe it was already fixed in those.    

Hello,

as far as I understand the behaving is not bound to the Patchlevel of McAfee Products. Instead it is a problem of Window XP but yes. Patches for VirusScan and Agent are all up to date. Nevertheless: Is there some clue or workaround?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 7

I think your getting your NT kernel versions mixed up

The KB entry you posted refers to the error occuring on Vista and Server 2008 (NT Kernel 6.0) not XP (NT Kernel 5.1)

Your issue could possibly be more related to this issue

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72264&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

In which case upgrading to 8.7 patch 5 (re-release) might help.

Yes, you are right...sometimes you don`t see a tree in the woods...whoops...

We'll try that once again and I will report back. Thanks in advance :-)

alexn
Level 14
Message 6 of 7

Hi ,

May this would help you.This is anupdate regarding a compatibility issue in the driver code of several McAfeeproducts when interacting with McAfee Host Data Loss Prevention (Host DLP)9.1+. This issue is critical, but the risk of encounter is low.

This issueapplies to:

• VirusScan     Enterprise 8.8 Patch 1
  • VirusScan     Enterprise 8.7 Patch 5
  • Host     Intrusion Prevention 8.0 Patch 1

When any ofthese products are operating on the same system as Host DLP 9.1+, random bluescreen errors may occur. Host DLP does not need to be configured, only activeon endpoints for this issue to occur.

Solution:InstallMcAfee DLP Hotfix (compatibility 14.4.0.387).

Hello,

due to the upcoming Upgrade from ePO 4.5 to 4.6 (AV8.7iP3 to AV8.8) I´m not supposed to take care of this matter anymore...well, fair enough but...

Thanks in advance for your help and sugggestions, really appreciated