cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoUpdate failure using HTTP connection

VirusSan Enterprise 8.7i. I am trying to to autoupdate using NAIHttp . the update always fail with the following message

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Unable to find a valid repository.

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Update process failed.

I just unistalled VirusScan Enterprise 8.0 that was getting the update from a UNC share.

Any advise.

7 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: AutoUpdate failure using HTTP connection

Moved to our VirusScan area for better visibility.

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

Probably update.log, agent.log, Mcscript.log file will help us in isolating why update is failing.

Please initiate Auto Update (Update now) from VSE console and post the suggested log files.

Message was edited by: Hem Bihari on 15/2/11 3:15:34 AM IST
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I don't have any agent installed . The only log that I can see is the update log and only has the following

2/14/2011 4:05:29 PM SEMS\administrator Starting task: AutoUpdate
2/14/2011 4:05:52 PM SEMS\administrator Unable to find a valid repository.
2/14/2011 4:05:52 PM SEMS\administrator Update process failed.

Regards

Regardless of whether there is an active Agent installed, VirusScan installs its own version of the Common Framework. Please use the log files the others mentioned earlier to gather more information.

Usually they are in either...

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\

or

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\

That particular error message may be caused by a number of things, so any more detail would help--probably mcscript.log to started.

Thank you .

Here s the files that I found in this directory

Highlighted

Thank you very much for all the hints. The problem was solved after looking at those log files where it pinpointed to the problem. The firewall had intermittent problem with the DNS cache that prevented the update to complete successfully

The problem was solved after looking at those log files where it pinpointed to the problem. The firewall had intermittent problem with the DNS cache that prevented the update to complete successfully

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community