Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macoy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Auto update and alert pop up for mcafee vse for outdated dat file

Hi Gurus,

I'm new with mcafee system. can please advise me if there are certain alerts for user or pop ups that will tell and ask the user to update if his mcafee detected that the antivirus dat file is outdated?

Because we disabled the update during boot up or login and put it in schedule. so we are just concern, for example notebook users which connect to internet, machines that were not able to connect to get update, or were shutdown during the schedule of update, if these machines can still get the update. Any advise on how we can optimized the updates for these machines?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Auto update and alert pop up for mcafee vse for outdated dat file

Moved from Consumer VirusScan to Business VSE for better attention.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 3 of 4

Within my environment i have desktop PCs updating to a schedule and laptop users i have set to update at logon but with a 15 minute delay. That way i'm reasonably sure that laptops will be updated as long a the machine is on for long enough

If you used ePO to manage the machines then its possible to generate scheduled reports and email notifications for machines who's DATs are out of date.

macoy
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the response! i think we need to change on how we schedule update for laptop users. Btw, if the DAT version is outdated, will VSE alert the user or there a policy for it that can be push down from ePO?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator