cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Attachment Blocker. Is there one?

I am evaluating VSE 8.8 and I was looking for a way to block attachments of a certain type from being sent?  We currently use Scanmail for Domino and i can specify that I don't want .scr or .bat files, for instance, to be sent via email.  I can't find this in the settings for VSE.

I don't want to add those extensions to the On Access policy, because those files are legit and I want to be able to use them on my computer without having them deleted.  i just want them to be removed from emails if they are sent.  I thought the On Delivery Email Scan Policy would have it, but it doesn't.

Is it even possible with this product?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Attachment Blocker. Is there one?

It's not possible with the product today.

Today exists the ability to delete attachments you receive, but not ones you are sending. For attachments you receive there is the heuristic option for attachments containing multiple extensions - the downside of this setting is it can delete legitimate files that you might want, if multiple extensions are used in the filename. For example "My legitimate document dated 12.02.2011.doc" would be deleted.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community