cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AntiSpyware Plugin + Servers

Does anyone have the antispyware plugin deployed accross the enterprise including servers?

Have you noticed any issues with various services? Web apps /PHP/CF/ASP etc or Domain Controllers, citrix. etc. etc.

Im am planning a deployment but would like to anticipate any problems I may have with server infrastructure.
7 Replies

RE: AntiSpyware Plugin + Servers

No replies to this?

I'm pushing 8.7i patch 1 w/anti spyware to machines and for now I'll keep anti spyware off the servers. I'm wondering what others have done.
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

RE: AntiSpyware Plugin + Servers

I've pushed it to appx 1/3 of our servers (about 70 servers) with no issues, but have stopped since I am planning on upgrading everything to 8.7 soon.

Despite this, in the meantime any new servers are getting the AS module installed during the initial build.

Since AS rollout in March, we've had two false positives but both were concening workstations and not servers.

Why deploy it to Servers?

Its a client app.
Don't go websurfing on a server.
The only thing i think it is useful for is a Terminal Server with User Profiles.
Highlighted
Mogsy
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

RE: Why deploy it to Servers?

for standardisation, we deploy the same AV product to all systems, including servers. So they get AS, just incase, handy when your manually chasing patches/updates from a problem server, last thing you want to do is visit a site with some dodgy trojan or something (not that AS's success rate is high). Its a risk, but with the the right server policy for telling it what not to scan, your servers will be fine, mine have for several years, but then again, i'm only running 12 of them with 2003/2000 Server.
SeaCat
Level 7
Message 6 of 8

We have AS deployed to over 1000 servers from Windows 2000-Windows 2008 including DC's. No issues on our end.

I deploy Antispyware on all workstations, but not on server, didn't see the need for it, so thought no point to install something I didn't think was actually needed.
DV27
Level 7
Message 8 of 8

We have ASE on our servers, as the Windows profiles are roaming and are stored on those servers, as are the cookies when they log off from their local machines.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community