cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

After Cammand line scanner decommissioned alternative for the update

Jump to solution

please provide the detail for alternative of macfree command line scanner anti-virus  alternative 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 17

Re: After Cammand line scanner decommissioned alternative for the update

Jump to solution

Hello @Poojatirole ,

Thank you for reaching out to us for clarification.

As you have mentioned about scanning of specifically VXFS file system then i would suggest you proceed further with use of Endpoint security for linux Version 10.7.x. 

Supported platform for Ens For Linux >>https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87073

ENSLTP Version Supported Clusters
10.5.x
10.6.x
10.7.x
Veritas Cluster Solution (VCS) 1

1 VxFS is supported for on-demand scanning only; on-access scanning must be disabled.
Now as it is supported by On-Demand scan and you want to perform scan on specific location then please create an on-demand scan task using switch --scanpaths or any available switch which is able to full fill your configurational need.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Mayurkumar

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

@Poojatirole,

Thank you for your post. We do not have an exact alternative for the mentioned product. However you can leverage command line based scan tasks using ENS 10.7 if it is installed on the machine:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.7.x-common-product-guide-windows/page/GUID-71800...

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

As per my requirement the anti-virus should only scan vxfs file system and only scan specified area not whole server.

After command line scanner we installed mcAfee agent  but it don't  support vxfs file system and scanning whole server files due to this we face lot of problem

If your mentioned version is support vxfs file system please let me know

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello @Poojatirole ,

Thank you for reaching out to us for clarification.

As you have mentioned about scanning of specifically VXFS file system then i would suggest you proceed further with use of Endpoint security for linux Version 10.7.x. 

Supported platform for Ens For Linux >>https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87073

ENSLTP Version Supported Clusters
10.5.x
10.6.x
10.7.x
Veritas Cluster Solution (VCS) 1

1 VxFS is supported for on-demand scanning only; on-access scanning must be disabled.
Now as it is supported by On-Demand scan and you want to perform scan on specific location then please create an on-demand scan task using switch --scanpaths or any available switch which is able to full fill your configurational need.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Mayurkumar

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for response

can this version  install  on cloud based server?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

Need to confirm only that this mcAfe ENS 10.7.x can also installed in cloud based server.

Regards,

Pooja Tirole

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello Pooja,

Thank you for writing. For the ENS for Linux installation, It is the Operating System that determines if it is compatible or being supported, along with the respective Kernel versions. So ENSL should be supporting Linux machines hosted on the cloud

Additionally adding the following articles which would share more insight about OS and also Kernel compatibilities 

Please refer to the article: KB87073 Click on the "ENSLTP 10.7.x supported operating systems" should help you in finding the compatible OS versions.

Below is the list of articles which might help you confirm whether a specific Kernel version is supported or not

KB93176 - Supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel versions with Endpoint Security for Linux
KB93516 - Supported Fedora kernel versions with Endpoint Security for Linux
KB93517 - Supported SUSE Linux Enterprise Server kernel versions with Endpoint Security for Linux

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

Thank you for the promt response.

As you before suggested antivirus ENSLTP 10.7.x version. Could you please provide pacage name for below os version.

linux 2.6.32-754.30.2.el6.x86_64 version.

Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 (Santiago)
Release: 6.10

Regards,

Pooja Tirole

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello Pooja,

Thank you for writing, RHEL 6.10 with the Kernel 2.6.32-754.30.2.el6 is compatible with ENS "ENSL 10.6.6 or later" and "ENSL 10.7.0 or later". You could refer to the same using "KB93176".

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

Highlighted

Jump to solution

could you provide package name for this ENSL 10.7.1 antivirus.?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community