cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Center in Windows 7 - Format Unsupported.

Hi,

My Computer is Running Windows 7 Enterprise and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and the Action Center in Windows 7 Says that VirusScan & AntiSpyware is reporting to the Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. I Have tried updating the Program but the Notification still comes up. Any Ideas on How to Fix This? I would like some help.

Capture.JPG

Thanks!

5 Replies

Re: Action Center in Windows 7 - Format Unsupported.

I believe this issue was fixed in patch 2. the latest is patch3. could you try that one?

My display is bit different; I think, we will have to wait till Windows 10 . by that time McAfee will get full support for Windows 7. but hey, any solution is welcome.

McAfee.png

McAfee servcies still don't have exclusive access to windows 7's OS partition. if I'm to download a virus to my c drive, its most likely to be detected only when on-demand scan is run. If i download the same virus to any other drive, its most likely to be detected by on-access scanner. Also, Scan64.exe is not trusted by Windows 7 because its not digitally signed.

So, is 8.7i supported on windows 7? Yes! does it do its job on windows 7 as its supposed to? Hell NO!

regards,

1ndian

on 25/4/10 11:05:37 AM GST

on 25/4/10 11:07:56 AM GST

That Answer was very helpful, and i don't think i have installed any patches, i will have to get patch 3. where do i download/get it?

where can i find the grant number?

Hi

This would have been supplied to you when you took out your support contract with McAfee or its resellers. In case of doubt, please contact McAfee Customer Services.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html

HTH