cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Protection Blocks SharePoint Intranet Files

Hello all,

I am new to McAfee (VSE 8.8) and I am trying to build a profile for my office that will allow opening documents from our internal intranet without disabling Access protection.  I am trying to open up MS Word and excel files for viewing/editing.  Based on the log file I was able to add winword.exe and excel.exe to several places that allows me to get a bit further but there are still 4 actions being blocked..  Any help on properly allowing these files to open is greatly appreciated.  it seems like Anti-virus max protection natively has "/system32/taskhost.exe" as an exception so this really doesn't add up.  Errors below..

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe    C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\Content.IE5\container.dat Anti-virus Maximum ProtectionSmiley Tonguerotect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\counters.dat Anti-spyware Maximum ProtectionSmiley Tonguerevent all programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1936983135-4280951667-94044361-2700\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\DefaultConnectionSettings Anti-spyware Standard ProtectionSmiley Tonguerotect Internet Explorer favorites and settings Action blocked : Create

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\Content.IE5\container.dat Anti-virus Maximum ProtectionSmiley Tonguerotect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read

Thanks!!

1 Reply
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Access Protection Blocks SharePoint Intranet Files

You only have the option of adding the affected processes to the Processes To Exclude list, or accepting that they'll be blocked by the rule.

Anything beyond that is a new feature request or PER, product enhancement request.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee