Highlighted

Re: 8.8 update

Same problem here, running SCOM 2007 R2 CU4

Highlighted

Microsoft recommended AV exclusions:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/4438

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975931

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/recommendations-for-antivirus-exclusions-...

Please ensure that you only send the Operations Manager exclusions to the customer.

Highlighted

No joy, the alerts reappeared.

Exclusions set are:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Health Service Store\

File Type Exclusions: EDB, CHK, LOG

Highlighted

Can you fresh as much as you can.

Because what happend was that i did this and then i kept refreshing and the error reapeard.

what else have you tried ???

Highlighted

ftkally,dinozoff, did you have any success with the exclusions? We didn't. The same errors are coming back over and over in our test environment.

wwarren, are there more people reporting this issue?

Highlighted

8.8 update

Im seeing something similar with our Landesk Product.  Computer with Mcafee 8.8 are getting lots of access protection rules like this

Threat Source Process Name: C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDCLient\startasuser.exe

Threat Target File Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfevtps.exe

This will include lots of other mcafee files like mcshield.exe, frameworkservices.exe, mfeann.exe.  Its saying that its trying to kill the

process.  This is only happening to machines with 8.8 and not 8.7

Highlighted

8.8 update

Hi Dvanmeter,

I've noticed similar LANDesk related "Startasuser.exe" messages in my McAfee Access Protection Log since upgrading to VirusScan 8.8. The times seem to match some of those found in my LANDesk\Ldclient\policy.sync.log file. I checked the LANDesk scheduled tasks and policies assigned to my test workstation and found four that had previously run. I have removed these and manually run "policy.sync.exe" as well as a LANDesk Security Scan & Inventory Scan.

Not noticed any more LANDesk related stuff appearing in the McAfee Access Protection log, but I guess time will tell whether this has resolved it.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 18 of 27

Hello,

If with ScriptScan ‘enabled’ the error does not occur, but it appears when ScriptScan is disabled,

please do the following test (with Access Protection temporarily disabled):

Select Start, Run, type cmd, locate the VirusScan installation folder.
Example: cd "c:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise"
Type the following to disable completely the scriptscan dll: regsvr32.exe /u SCRIPTSN.dll

(re-enable Access protection)

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 19 of 27

Hello Forum,

1. I'm getting the same error on every 2008 R2 server, where Virusscan v8.8 is installed (which is 80 servers).  If you remove v8.8, the errors stop, re-install and the errors with Scom return.

2. Tried these, but it did not help on problem: Access Protection - Off, Exclude the Scom agent folder, Disabled Script Scanning,  Disabled Process Scanning in OAS

3. Created Service Ticket 3-1450149681 from the McAfee service webportal, but someone on the Support team closed it.  I never got a resolution.

4. If I un-register the scriptsn.dll, then that stops the error.  I've done this on 2 systems so far (78 more to go).

Message was edited by: Stanw on 4/7/11 2:41:51 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 20 of 27

I contacted McAfee support and they re-opened my ticket and added the info about un-registering the script scanning dll.  Tier2 is looking at the SR and it may go to tier3

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community