cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gene33
Level 9

What happened to search?

Jump to solution

You used to be able to click on a product (i.e. SIEM) and then search within that category.  Now it looks like it searches the whole site, which is bad.  Any way to get this functionality back? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: What happened to search?

Jump to solution

When the results come up look down the left side for Places and simply type in SIEM there and wait for the pop-up which should happen almost immediately   It'll offer to restrict the search to that area.

I know what you mean, this version of the board is quite a lot different from the old one in that respect.

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

When the results come up look down the left side for Places and simply type in SIEM there and wait for the pop-up which should happen almost immediately   It'll offer to restrict the search to that area.

I know what you mean, this version of the board is quite a lot different from the old one in that respect.

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Forgot to add that you could bookmark Advanced Search https://community.mcafee.com/search.jspa

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Also when you type in the search word say uninstall for instance you get the option to Show all results or only those in the area you are searching from. This in the search box top right page

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Oops, even I missed that, thanks ;-)

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've written a document on this: 

0 Kudos
gene33
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for answering, very helpful information!

0 Kudos