cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Level 17

Status update not allowed

Whenever I look at my profile it tells me I haven't updated my status. I don't see why I should, but I decided to experiment : and Jive wouldn't allow me to do it.

Status updates not allowed.PNG

Why?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Status update not allowed

Strange am wondering if somehow it logged you out just before you tried that, as it's done the same to me on occasion.

This is what I see if I click that same (I agree - annoying) reminder in my profile:

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Nope. Still logged in. Obviously.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

I did it from Create-->Status Update.  Try it that way.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It worked I typed nonsense then clicked the little @ and browsed places and chose Somer's Test Group and it went there

0 Kudos

Re: Re: Status update not allowed

Hi Guys,

I don't have access in Home Community however i was able to post status in User Managers space

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Re: Status update not allowed

BTW it STILL says I need to update my status, how annoying...!

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

I posted an update into Somer's Test Group. But, what's the ruddy point? The only places I could have posted it were in a few of the Groups, and what's the point of that?

Another example of useless functionality.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It is rather useless I agree.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I did some checking on this. The Status updates are behaving this way because they're currently disabled. They're disabled, because the way this works in this version, all our status updates would get posted to a space. Obviously we don't want those getting posted to a technical space, so I need to talk to the boss about where these could go, or if we want to remove the option altogether.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
0 Kudos