Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ianmm
Level 10

Sorting Thread Items

Jump to solution

For reasons I don't need to go into now, I have elected to receive thread messages sorted that the latest appears at the top of the list, ie in descending order.  However, when I first login and go to a thread, the earliest message initially appears first and the latest appears in, say, position 8.  If I select position 8, the earliest thread appears last and, if I then click position 1, the latest message at the top of the list as required.

Possible usability issue here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Sorting Thread Items

Jump to solution

Picking the default threaded option in you settings causes posts to be put after the post they are replying to.

I have mine set to latest last can you test this and I will try your setting

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Picking the default threaded option in you settings causes posts to be put after the post they are replying to.

I have mine set to latest last can you test this and I will try your setting

Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

How are you selecting post 8 they do not have numbers on them. Mine seems to be working correct latest always on top will relog in

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Sorry relogged in and still works as intended please check latest first and not threaded in Linear Layout and ensure it is saved

0 Kudos
ianmm
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

I've checked and I am definitely not using 'threaded in Linear Layout'; however, this thread is behaving as requested, ie latest post first, and the issue only seems to be prevalent in older posts before this months change over.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

That could be possible having a mix of forum software controlling the thread.  When I get a chance I will test this

0 Kudos