cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Level 17

Screen display formatting issue

From the appearance of the screenshot below it looks as if the default display settings are set to wide-screen. This image is too wide for the display area and over-runs into the space on the right, so that text displayed in that area overlays the image.

Image sizes need to be adjusted to fit the available display area.

Widescreen format resizing problem.PNG

0 Kudos
17 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Screen display formatting issue

Sorry for the redundant question, which browser/version is this? Is it in all browsers you try?

Thanks

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Chrome, FF, IE. It's not the browser that is significant but the monitor. This site is now I think designed for ultra-wide screens but I'm viewing this on a 1024x768 display (all that will fit on the desk). So it must be that the frame containing the image isn't checking to see whether the image ought to be resized.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

In regards to my last post...I am viewing in the same 1024x768 pixel display, in Internet Explorer 11. As I stated in the previous post,I  have increased the (Zoom) to 150%. And it is visible in conformity.

Just thought I would add this......

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I just tested on FF and Chrome and it resized correctly.... :/

Are you on Win8 using the tiled environment browser?

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Windows 8 ????

*** ROTFL ***

No ....

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

This is odd Peter because even on my iPad it sizes correctly.  Somer knows best however.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Windows 7, and it displays as in the screenshot even when I changed to a wider-screen monitor.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Chrome, javascript console, select Elements from the options bar, I see this -

Oversized image info.PNG

So. The image is 1024x640 pixels. Too wide for the available space in that message window.

Right-click on the image and open it in a new tab and it displays at a resolution of 672x419.

However (and this the edit) the new Chrome tab displays the following : "MSH-AE.JPG (1280x800)"

The image is zoomable and if I click on it it expands to a size of 1280x800.

This must be its actual stored size.

So when displayed, the size has to be adjusted to fit the available space in the Jive window and this is not being done correctly.

That suggests to me a problem with the CSS, perhaps?

Oversized image in new tab.PNG

OT : Why isn't there an option in a Reply to add a line to indicate that a message has been edited?

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Okay, slight amendment. In Windows 7 the display is as expected in Chrome at a normal display ratio of 100% (which I find to be too small, so I usually zoom the windows for ease of viewing).

As the zoom ratio goes up from 100% the screenshot image gets progressively larger within the Jive window and begins to encroach upon the other page elements. So it's a question of displaying all the elements and resizing them as required to present a coherent page image at different screen resolutions and magnifications.

0 Kudos