cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Level 18

Reply to thread not accepted

I've tried this a dozen times and I always get that red banner at the bottom of the screen. Why is it doing this?

Reply cant be added to thread.PNG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Reply to thread not accepted

Sometimes that means it has logged you out sometimes it is there but it does not log you out. I assume you were logged out were you?

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Peacekeeper wrote:

Sometimes that means it has logged you out sometimes it is there but it does not log you out. I assume you were logged out were you?

No I don't think so. I opened a new blank tab and used a bookmark to open a fresh Community page, and it showed me as still logged in. And what the hell is going on? I added a reply a few minutes ago to my OP in this thread and saw it appear; then I come back to the thread and it's gone.

The reply was this - Jive autosaved it, fortunately.

If I "click here to refresh this page" I get this page

The item does not exist.PNG

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Okay, this is yet another obscure Jive bug. That reply was rejected repeatedly because of something to do with the quote box. When I left the quoted text inline, the reply was accepted. Once the reply was in the thread I was able to edit it to reinstate the quote box and put the quoted text into it.

So what was it with the Quote Box that caused the reply to fail?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I dare not even conjecture. We cannot even get the urgent issues fixed so this would be low priority I suppose. You might need to experiment with the quote box I suppose.

Provided any FF or chrome page is open and you had logged in you can always go to a community page and be logged in only if the browser is fully closed are yopu logged out unless you are PeterM and he gets the other issue logging out randomly I got 2 or these yesterday as well.

0 Kudos

Hi

I experienced this on the same thread you posted. Used Advanced editor and was able to succeed by copying the text to basic reply editor.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I'll see if I can get some time to test/replicate this today.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

SPyron wrote:

I'll see if I can get some time to test/replicate this today.

Test!

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
McAfee Employee

Hayton wrote:

I've tried this a dozen times and I always get that red banner at the bottom of the screen. Why is it doing this?

Reply cant be added to thread.PNG

2nd test.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Ok, I tested twice in here, no error. I need to go test it in that space.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
0 Kudos